http://mocomi.com/ presents : What is Germination of Seed?
Germination is the growth of an embryonic plant contained within a seed; it results in the formation of the seedling.
Steps in Seed Germination
– The seed coat splits.
– A tiny root grows downwards and a shoot grows upwards.
– This produces a seedling of a plant, which ultimately grows into a new plant.
– After some time, the plant bears flowers. The flowers produce fruits and the fruits have in them.
– All seeds can germinate when sown in moist soil under suitable conditions, to produce new plants.
– By natural or man-made processes, these seeds are sown into the ground again and that is how new plants are born.
Learn more about germination at: http://mocomi.com/what-is-germination/
For more fun learning videos and educational articles visit: http://mocomi.com/learn/science/biology/
Follow Mocomi Kids – Top educational website for kids,
on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/mocomikids/
on Twitter https://twitter.com/MocomiKids
on Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/mocomikids/
on Google+ https://plus.google.com/+mocomikids/
on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/mocomi-kids