The 360º camera is sponsored by Duane & Curt Lundgren in memory of their hometown Great Northern Railroad
**Updated to full HD on 5/10/19
Actual start date: May 19, 2017
BNSF Emergency Number: 800-832-5452
Amtrak Emergency Number: 800-331-0008
Welcome to Virtual Railfan, please read this important info.
Want to take a trip to La Plata? Stay at the Depot Inn & Suites: https://www.depotinn.com/
Check out Bob & Amy Cox’s business, Train Party: http://www.trainparty.com/
This is a live stream of La Plata, Missouri, USA, for people who enjoy watching trains. You are welcome to join our family friendly chat, but keep in mind that there’s a community with rules already established. Please check them out below.
Radio Feed: https://bit.ly/2NbpuII
Informational Map: http://www.curtlundgren.com/la_plata.jpg (Courtesy of Curt Lundgren, thanks Curt!)
La Plata East: https://youtu.be/g_4RT0We1F8
La Plata West: https://youtu.be/QIz-oTqOaH0
La Plata 360: https://youtu.be/gPd_qAf4hMA
Help us raise funds for the displays at the American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation: https://tinyurl.com/y8xc6gve
APRHF homepage: http://www.aprhf.org/
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here: https://virtualrailfan.com/recording
• Be polite and respectful
• Use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, please use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don’t use the terms “foamer” or “foaming” in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• The conversation here is trains, and please remember that it needs to come first. Off topic conversation such as music, sports, jokes, etc. is fine, but it must be kept in balance with on topic.
• Please keep conversations of personal issues (medical, domestic, legal, etc.) out of the chat; take it to messaging or email. Remember, you are sharing information with hundreds of people, not just those directly involved in the chat.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions. This is not an exclusive club, we try hard to ensure that our chats feel welcoming to anyone who drops by.
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames
• Asking for subscriptions (subs)
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
ABOUT THIS FEED:
La Plata, MO, in Northern Missouri, is located on BNSF Railway’s Marceline Subdivision at milepost 312.7, part of their Southern Transcon, the former Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (AT&SF) mainline between Chicago and Los Angeles.
Amtrak’s “Southwest Chief” passenger train stops here twice a day; the eastbound train #4 in the morning and the westbound train #3 in the evening.
The typical BNSF freight train volume is between 50 and 70 trains per 24 hours. There are 2 cameras available.
There is an ATCS layout available, as well as a radio feed for the western part of the BNSF Marceline Sub, listening to AAR road channel 30, 160.560 (also includes Norfolk Southern’s Kansas City District, on road channel 22, 160.440): http://www.railroadradio.net/content/view/282/325/
You will see lots of Amish and Mennonite folks at the station. Please be respectful of these communities in chat.
When’s the next train? Yeah, we get this a lot. You can figure out the next Amtrak passenger train with this handy link: https://bit.ly/2M4bFLF
There’s no schedule for freight trains, but some of our more knowledgeable members will provide real-time information when it’s available. Please refrain from asking.
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Virtual Railfan currently has 33 cams from 3 countries. Visit our website for memberships, more free cams, and our own live chat. Thanks for stopping by, we’re glad you’re here!
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know.
Video Rating: / 5