In this video we will look at what materials and tools are needed to build one’s own hydroponics vertical farming tower at home.
It is the first time I am doing this and this is the first video in a series. In future videos will attempt building the tower and then, later, once successfully connected, we will attempt growing some greens.
Tools and Materials:
1. Tube 100mm, 1m long, PVC pipe
2. Saw for plastic (a fretsaw frame will work as well)
3. Water pump – 1.5m head minimum
4. Rock-wool grow cubes
5. Planting Baskets Plastic Mesh Pots
6. Clear silicone tube (at least 2 metres)
7. Plastic plant base – or a flat sheet of 3-4mm plastic to cover the top
9. Drill and drill bits 2; 4; 6; 8mm
10. Extension lead to work outside with a heat gun
11. Heat Gun
12. 2-3mm diameter screws 2cm long and 3cm long
13. Screwdriver for screws
Approximately £120 in total if one has to buy the heat gun and the drill. I was lucky, because my girlfriend’s father had those.
TO STAY UP TO DATE
BECOME MY SUPPORTER ON PATREON:
Music by ANtarcticbreeze:
Upbeat Happy Dance Pop _ Background Commercial Music