A Public Health Seminar delivered by Dr. America Bracho on May 24, 2010.
Dr. America Bracho is the Executive Director of Latino Health Access, a center for health promotion and disease prevention in Santa Ana, California.
Learn the fundamental concepts of a smart, healthy city and how smart cities deliver innovative, quality healthcare services.
Take this course free on edX: https://www.edx.org/course/health-smart-cities-ieeex-schc-x#!
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Smart Cities have enormous potential to improve the quality of life and assure access to healthcare services to an increasingly demanding population.
Technologies are continuously improving and becoming more and more pervasive to better handle patients and their care.
But innovative technology is not enough. New technology needs to be part of an innovative process that helps form partnerships between patients and professionals, public and private sectors and research and application.
In this course, our team of instructors and content experts will address the fundamental concepts of a smart, healthy city and how to cope with continuous innovation, healthcare services, and citizens’ expectations. Our experts provide a vision for managing the complexity of smart health, and making ehealth work for a smart city.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
– The definition and key elements of health and health technologies
– The basic concept of a healthy, smart city and community
– How to develop innovative health care in a smart city
– Criticisms and limits of handling personal health data
– Cutting-edge development of technologies for enhancing health and wellbeing in a changing society
– Frontiers on health research and the new paradigm of system medicine
Video Rating: / 5