This is my indoor vertical hydroponics system which has been reconfigured for less plants during the spring. The towers can easily be removed and repositioned to hold up to 64 plants. There are six 5 meter LED light strips mounted on a hexagon shaped aluminum tube. This provides 360 degree coverage to the plants with about 6-12″ inches between the lights and the plants. Six toggle switches are used to turn the light strips on or off depending on how many towers I have growing. Most of this build including PVC fittings, and reservoir was purchased locally at Lowes. If you don’t have a Lowes near you, shipping is free when ordering over . The electronic parts such as pump, control box items, irrigation manifold were all all purchased from Amazon with free shipping. The LED light strips were custom made to produce “sunlight” full spectrum. Cost with shipping and import taxes for the six LED strips was . With all six LED strips running 14 hours a day power consumption cost averages per day.
Here is an update — I created a video specifically on the LED grow lights used in the DIY Indoor Tower Garden: https://youtu.be/6W9kfJXzZv8
Products Used in this Video:
– Custom LED Strip Builder: Wisva Lighting: https://www.wisvaled.com/ (contact: Harry Ding: email@example.com)
– Red Light Illuminated Snap-in Boat Rocker Switch Toggle Power – https://amzn.to/33bisxa
– Power Supply: Mean Well HLG-320-24: https://amzn.to/339n7iU
– 30A 12 Outlet Power Distribution Terminal: https://amzn.to/2IU7qFK
– Aluminum Hex Tube 1-1/2″ OD, 1/8″ WALL: https://www.orangealuminum.com/hex-tubes-and-bars-oa9154-6m.html
– Mission: Grow flavorful, safe, healthy food all year round in an environmentally sustainable and socially responsible way.
We are on a mission to teach people how to grow the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity. Build your own vertical hydroponic system at a fraction of the cost if commercial hydroponics systems. Our DIY vertical hydroponic systems use common components that can be purchased locally or online with no shipping fees. All that is required is basic skills of some common tools.
– Website: https://gojoegrow.com
– Instagram: gojoegrow
– Other Channels: BikeRidez – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOzNpa19tlVssShEf2xaFnQ
– Camera: Shot with Insta360 One R 4K Lens Mod
– Location: Henderson, Nevada
Video Rating: / 5