Added by on 2016-10-10

A community garden is closed after reports say children allegedly got sick when they ate mushrooms from it. The space is jointly maintained and cultivated by both students from the Micheltorena Elementary School and the community. It is unknown just how sick the students got but local media reports at least one was rushed to the hospital. Parents were notified and some are eager for the garden to get back up and running. Related PostsEdith Wolford Elementary: Eating right from the school gardenHow a School Garden Helps Students Grow!Edible School Yard Garden Teaches 1,000 Students a Year about FoodFarm to School: Gardening enhances nutrition and learning for studentsStudents find joy in school gardening2014 GRuB School Students – Gardening How-To Video

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

 

19 Comments